Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 82: My creative space

Well it's not much but I have made some progress on the Granny Shrug.  I also consider "progress" to include starting three times and pulling it all out before finally launching on the real thing.  I am not a novice to crochet but I have found the 15mm hook and the two strands of wool a bit tricky to get used to.  Plus, as someone who knits and crochets a bit on the tight side, the looser tension required to effectively use a large hook has been a challenge.  However, I have finished five rows, have started the sixth and am fairly happy with the "drape" of the work.  Next challenge is to see if I can finish the two hexagons for the body and sleeves by next week - I should set myself the goal of finishing it but as I have never joined crochet using crochet, I think that's probably a bit ambitious.  Also, I need to think of something to take to the next meeting of the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild.  I took along the Japanese Kaleidescope Patchwork squares to the last meeting, and haven't done anything on them since.  I have bought a few books to help me get inspired, but haven't done anything more about it.  Maybe I should just concentrate on finishing enought squares to make something out of them before launching on something new.

For more creative spaces, where clever people obviously have no problems with progress or thinking of things to do, head over to Kootoyoo.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colour! I'm sure the shrug will look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome colour! can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both very kind; now I really have to get on with finishing it!

    ReplyDelete