Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 366: My Creative Space

It's all about the MMQG "Oh Beehave" blocks again this week.  March is Rachel's month and she wants us to produce wonky stars.  I like the idea of wonk but making stars is a more precise exercise than the wonky log cabins made in earlier rounds.  Fortunately we have been provided with a very easy to follow tutorial, but even so, matching up seams is tricky.  The real thing will be two blocks;  a ruby star on a sand background and a sand star on ruby background as the quilt will be reversible.  The blocks are also to be different sizes and I'm curious to see how it will be constructed. The intended recipient should be very happy with this as it will be a striking piece.  I haven't finished the actual blocks, but have made a practice block to see if I could do it.  It's not bad but one of the seams isn't lined up properly. 

For more creative capers, have a look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment