Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 331: My creative space

I've been a bit hopeless with my "Oh Beehave"  MMQG quilt block swap and was well and truly behind on the November and January blocks.  Even once we moved back home, I had no time to sew and was a bit apprehensive about making "wonky" log cabin blocks.  Anyway, a week ago I got my act together, pulled out the sewing machine and fabric and have put together blocks for Gina and Anna over the last two weekends.  Verdict - wonky log cabin blocks are brilliant! They are a forgiving construction method for people (like me) who aren't very good at sewing straight and muck up measurements, as they are meant to be a bit crooked and you can just add on bits if you measure up too short, which I always seem to manage to do.  Both blocks went in the mail on Monday and here's a shot of Anna's, which had "Moroccan" and "spicy" as the theme.  I am quite pleased with it and I hope Anna is too.

For more creativity, head over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment