Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Retreat Woodend


When I saw a post by Abbe of Copper Patch, promoting her new venture, a craft retreat in Woodend, I had to blog about it, mainly because this qualifies me for the draw to win a weekend there and secondly, Abbe got me started on the quilting journey and I love the idea of supporting her.  I found a link to her blog a few years ago asking for contributions to a quilt to be made in purple fabric for a friend who was suffering from depression.  Despite my complete lack of sewing skills, ignorance of where to buy fabric (other than Lincraft), I made a block and sent it off to Abbe and it was included in the purple wonder.  I've been watching her blog ever since and hopefully my sewing has improved over that time as well.

The new venture looks amazing and even if I don't win the weekend away, will be looking to go up for a break before long.  With 5 bedrooms with two double beds per room, two bathrooms, a great kitchen for creating delicious meals and a kitted out craft studio, what else could you ask for?  Just 9 friends to take with you.


Good luck with this venture Abbe!  It sounds like bookings are are being snapped up quickly, which is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment