Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Snippets

We have been out of the country for the last four and a half weeks so have put in photos of highlights for each week we were away (apart from the Hamptons trip, which was the subject of my last post).  I'm going to cheat a bit and put in a few words because some of these pictures will need explaining.   One that I couldn't adequately capture in a photo was spending time with special people.  And that is the real highlight of each and every trip to the USA.

 With one of my favourite actors as Willy Loman,  Philip Seymour Hoffman.  A well deserved Tony went to Mike Nichols for this magnificent production.

 Sleep No More.  Look it up on Wikipedia.  All I can say, if it comes to your city, go.
 Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation - Open House day in Oak Park Chicago.  Worth the lining up and lack of lunch.
 Roy Lichenstein Exhibition at the Art Institute of Chicago.  So much more than Pop Art.
National Civil Rights Museum, Memphis.  Taught me how little I knew.

Now just trying to adjust to the cold.

For more Sunday Snippets, head over here.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photos. Feel like I've been on a mini trip to the States.

    ReplyDelete