Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Simple Pleasures

There is a lot to think about at the day job - deadline, workloads and restructuring.  I know that I have a lot to be thankful for and there are people with much more serious concerns, but these things do wear you down over time.  To try and stay positive,  at least once a week  I am going to make a conscious effort to think about the small or simple things in life that make me happy.

Today's simple pleasure is doing the word puzzle in the newspaper (yes, the print version).  This is my routine on the way home on the train.  Very simple premise - you are presented with 9 letters and need to make as many words as possible (min. 4 letters each) from these, but all must include the letter in the centre square.  One of these words must contain all nine letters.  For each days puzzle there are three levels - good, very good and excellent and the number of words you need to achieve these differs, depending on the degree of difficulty.  A great end to my day is achieving a word count over the "good" level and nutting out the nine letter word.  Today was one of those days and it put a spring in my step all the way home from the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment