Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ride 'em Cowboy

The second Wonky Star and Cowboy quilt is progressing nicely.  I think I'm on track for the delivery date of first week of October as the hand quilting is going better than expected, partly because I am trying the more customary practice of 'rocking' the needle through the quilt and picking up more than one stitch at a time.  The result is faster and more even than sewing with a 'running stitch' style.  I really do like the chunky look of the Perle 8 cotton and there's more incentive to do this now I know it isn't going to take forever like the first Wonky Star Quilt did.
I'm quite happy with the back as well.  This colour family is not one that comes to me naturally so I was scratching my head on what to put on the back.  However, a rummage around Spotlight resulted in finding a jungle print that is really cute.
The brown strip is just to make the back up the required width; I wish I had more time to do more interesting piecing, but I've only got a couple of weeks to finish this.

For more creativity, head over Kootooyoo's group of crafty folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment