Friday, September 7, 2012

Fairies

After making gifts for baby boys, it's nice to be able to able to turn to something girlie.  I'm a bit over cowboys!  With my sister heading overseas shortly to visit a new mother in the extended family, I wanted to make something quick and pretty.  I've been really been inspired by the Housetop quilts of the Gee's Bend quilters and this style ticks the boxes for both easy and effective.


(image via the Purl Bee)

The other criteria was that I had to make it out of fabric on hand because of the time constraints and the fact that I am starting to build up a bit of a stash and should do something with it!  So using some cute fairy fabric given to me by Bronwyn as a base and other bits and pieces that I had, I came up with this:



I'm really happy with the outcome - not too sugary sweet, despite the fairy print.  And it incorporates my favourite aquas.  For the binding, I may need to break my own rule and buy a little something more; perhaps in a mauve.  I'll give that some thought while I'm basting the second cowboy quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment