Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our Creative Space

Frogdancer's block by AndreaAMM
Back to the MMQG "Oh Beehave" block swap. This one is the July block for Frogdancer and involved learning another new technique; quilt as you go. Basically we sewed the fabric to the batting and added on quarter inch quilting lines were sewn on on to each component and this was quite time consuming, particularly since my quarter inch foot isn't symetrical so I couldn't pivot and sew the other way after finishing one line. I'm curious to see how the back will be added and how it will be joined without having bulky seams.

What I enjoyed about this month's challenge was constructing a block out of colours that I wouldn't have thought to use but really loving the way that they came together and the end result.  I had to add some fabric and the hardest part of this was looking for something to buy that I knew would work with the rest of the block and not succumbing to something that I loved on an individual basis. A good lesson in combining colours outside my comfort zone.

For more creativity, go to
this spot.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours/patterns in your quilt :) I would love to have a go at quilting but never seem to have the time - same old story! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll let you in on a secret - I haven't made one either, just blocks for other people. But I have a project going on in the background I'm not so am not far away from completing one.

    ReplyDelete