Saturday, May 7, 2011

Swaps

It has been a bit dull at STLT HQ this week (lots of work and cold weather) but things brightened up considerably when this lovely creature arrived in the mail:


This is Henrietta, who is a gift from Kelli, my partner in the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild pincushion swap.  I adore tortoises and she is decked out in my favourite colours.  Now that she has been photographed, she is going straight to the study to take pride of place on top of the sewing cabinet.  Thanks Kelli!

The pincushion below is what I made for Clair as part of the same swap. This is made from autumny vintage fabrics sourced from Retro Age Vintage fabrics.

I'm looking forward to the next swap and am hoping that the output is a doll quilt as I'm in need of some wall hangings for our vacant wall spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment